9 Insider Tips To Make the Most of The Show
Every year our team at Broadview Software gets a little giddy as we get closer to the start of NAB. Sure we get to reconnect with old friends, clients and colleagues in the broadcasting industry, and we’re always interested to see and hear what the latest trends in traffic solutions are, as well as lending our insights and expertise to the conversation (standby for CEO Michael Atkin’s upcoming Vlog about Programmatic and the fairy tale surrounding it). But this year, we’ve got something new to be excited about; the unveiling of 8.0.
Those of you who know us or work with us are already familiar with our flagship broadcast management solution. This is a superior product that many of you have told us has simplified the way you manage asset rights and scheduling, saving you time and money, while creating greater opportunities to monetize those valued assets. This year, we’re going to introduce the latest version of it at the show. Version 8.0 has some great new and updated functionality to help you manage your traffic, programming, scheduling and OnDemand needs. We invite you to come by the booth at NAB to learn what’s new and how 8.0 will enhance your operation. We’ll be sharing more about its exciting new feature set in next week’s blog.
As veterans of NAB now, having attended, exhibited and presented our ideas on various panels over the past 20 years, we thought we’d share a few of our favorite hacks to help you get through the show and make the most of your time there:
Top 9 things to help you make the most of NAB
1. Sign up NAB’s Daily Previews: this will help you determine who’s there, who you want to see, what’s new and what your priorities are.
2. Get on Schedule: Start a schedule for yourself and your team – have a basic plan in mind and see if you can schedule meetings in advance of the show. Scheduling meetings in close(r) proximity to each other can make for a more manageable venture through the show. Download the NAB app for iPhone or android to get their interactive map, get the latest show information, or to schedule meetings directly with exhibitors. Use the app to see the latest news about BroadView as we get closer to the show.
3. Divide and conquer: There are only so many days and so many steps you can take every day. If you can’t get to everyone, assign some vendors or meetings to others. You don’t all need to be at every booth. Meet up for lunch or a coffee to review while it’s top of mind, and if there are some great prospects, you can schedule a follow-up visit with key members later in the day.
4.Chart the course: As the largest Broadcasting trade show in the world, with thousands of exhibitors, it can be daunting to get through the whole floor to see everyone. But with three days of exhibitors you can break it up by area rather than area of interest. Download the Exhibitor Map and start planning.
5. Wear good shoes: Your mom was right, and truthfully this is not the time (nor the crowd) you need to impress with your new Christian Louboutin’s or Manolo’s. And break in any new shoes well before the week begins.
6. Stay hydrated/Bring a Sweater: Ever notice that even in the depths of summer, even in the desert, that whenever you’re indoors you’re fighting an arctic chill? Depending on your cold tolerance, bring a light sweater to throw over your shoulders and a bottle of water to whet your palate. All the walking, and hopefully talking, would benefit from a little extra hydration.
7. Cell Yourself: Voice Notes and photo streams can be your best friend when managing the overwhelming amount of information coming at you at NAB. We suggest taking pictures of your parking spot, favorite booths, critical information pieces, and maybe a few vanity shots of yourself and your fantastic meal (for Instagram and Snapchat notoriety…all the kids are doing it). Likewise Voice Notes can be a great tool for recording your thoughts and follow ups after a meeting. You can simply use a note app (on iPhone or android), and just voice your stream of thought, emailing it to yourself or your team at the end of the day, saving you the hassle of a notebook or all those cumbersome flyers and brochures.
8. You deserve a break today: We find that taking time to regroup with your team once a day can help re-energize and reset both your mindset and your mission. Whether you’re a vendor or an attendee, make time to step away and take a breather. You’d be surprised how 5 minutes of downtime can refresh your head and get you set for the rest of the day.
9. What’s New? Check out our latest video to let you know what you can expect from our booth this year: Click Here!
Do you have any tips or hacks for how to make the most of the show? Please share in the comments. And if you find these helpful, please share this post!
If you have challenges in multi-platform delivery of your content, our industry-leading BroadView OnDemand can dramatically change the way you manage multi-platform schedules, metadata and content prep. Let us show you ways to save time and money! Come visit us at the North Hall, Booth N4424
Or online at: www.broadviewsoftware.com